Marc was true to his word this morning, and when Ava refused to go back to bed at 7:00, he got up and took her downstairs to play. When I got up at 9:30, he was just getting her dressed for the day so I went into her room to say hi and ask how the morning went. They had a great morning! They played with toys and watched some Treehouse TV and ate breakfast, of course! Ava was in a great mood, which is not unusual for the morning. Marc also told me about the sweet connection he and Ava had this morning. She laid her head on his shoulder for about thirty seconds to a minute, and then lifted her head, put her nose to his and they just gazed at each other for another 15 seconds or so. How sweet!! I was pretty watery-eyed after that story!
After I fed Ava and took a shower, we headed out the door to pick up the photos from her session two weeks ago and grab a quick lunch. We happened to have a coupon to Quizno's, and since we rarely eat there we decided to give it a go. On our way home Ava fell asleep so Marc decided to stop at the Liquor Mart to buy the liquor license for his work's Christmas party that he and I are planning. It took about half an hour, so while Ava slept I kept her company in the car and listened to the radio, observing people going in and out.
Once we got home Ava woke up so I gave her another quick feed, changed her diaper and put her back in the car seat so that we could go to the Mother Goose program at Archwood School. Unfortunately we were a bit late, but when we got there only my friend Nicole and her two little girls were there! It was just Nicole and I but we had a great time! The first 45 minutes or so are just baby play time and there are a whole bunch of toys out for the little ones to explore. Then we did a verbal story time and Ava really liked the stories! She obviously kept playing with the toys, but was also making eye-contact with whomever was talking and seemed to really be listening to the story! We then had a snack, and went back to the carpet area to sing some songs to finish up our session. All in all, it was very enjoyable, and the opportunity for Ava to play with some new toys was exciting!
On the way home Ava fell asleep and once we got home I left her in her car seat. I didn't think she would sleep very long, but she proved me wrong! She slept for almost two hours!! The bonus was she was in a great mood this evening, playing on her table excersaucer and eating some supper of her own. She then had a bath and put on PJs. I knew that because of her long nap nap in the late afternoon she would be going to bed a little later than usual so we went and played on her playmat for a while before bed.
By 1900, she was displaying signs of wanting her bed. I took her up, got her into her sleep sack and after a little bit of fussing, she settled into nursing and was in bed by 1930 and asleep shortly after that with minimal cries.
Just to let the regular followers of this blog know - Marc has also started a blog of his own! I think it's a great idea, and his first posting is great! I think it will be nice for him to also keep an account of his experiences with Ava, especially when he will be spending 33 - 50% more time with her than I will be once I go back to work and she stays home with him on his days off during the week. Hard to believe that it is less than five months until that will be happening!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment