Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Exciting Day!

This morning Ava was up at 5 again, but we let her babble in her crib until twenty after before we changed her and fed her. I then was hoping an praying that she would go back to bed and after a lot of coaxing, she finally fell asleep at 6:30 and stayed that way until 7:15! Victory for mommy and daddy!

After getting up for the day at 7:15, Ava and I dropped Marc off at his course so that he wouldn't have to pay for parking. When we got home, a friend of Marc's called asking if she could park in our additional spot as she was the labour coach for a friend of hers and all the parkades near the hospital were full! I told her it was no problem, and directed her to the spot. The baby was a girl, over nine pounds and 22 and 3/4 inches long!! (Glad that wasn't mine!) ;>

After putting Ava down for a much needed nap at 10, I went downstairs to finish off some laundry and relax with the newspaper and have a snack. While I was enjoying my milk and cookies, the phone rang again. It was one of the people from the panel of yesterday's interview. After the initial general salutations, he offered me the job!! I couldn't believe it - I was totally expecting him to say thanks but no thanks because at the interview I was told it would be a couple of weeks before a decision was made. Regardless, I was thrilled! I almost leaped through the phone to give him a hug! This is such a huge relief for me as this position is in Winnipeg, and I have a lot more flexibility with the hours I work (they are self-assigned). Thanks to everyone who was praying and hoping for me, much appreciated!

After picking up Marc and having lunch, we got dropped off at Grandmaman and Grandpapa's to go swimming with Joelle and Jacques. They just beat us there, so we had quite a bit of time to spend in the pool together. I also realized that Calla and Michelle were there, too, so it was a big pool party! We had a good time swimming at the pool but Ava was getting tired and made it clear that she wanted to head back up and rest. After a little nap, and everyone else's departures, Grandmaman and Grandpapa came back to our house for supper.

Supper was roast beef made in the Crock Pot, potatoes au gratin and sauteed zuchinni and muchrooms. Unfortunately, the beef was in the slow cooker a little too long and had shrunken significantly in size! I was contemplating inviting Joelle, Kevin and Jacques for dinner, but it was a good thing I didn't because there would not have been enough roast!!! That was my inital concern when I put the roast in initially - that it wasn't big enough for six adults and a fairly hungry 2.5 year old! It was barely enough for the four of us! Ava did well throughout supper but by 1900 was definitely ready for bed. She was in bed and asleep just after 1930.

Tomorrow we have another fairly busy day as I would like to take Ava to the "Mother Goose" program that is being held at Archwood School. It's similar to the "Rock 'n Read" program, except we stay with our children the whole time. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Tooth update: still hiding just above the gum - only the tip is showing!

2 comments:

Joƫlle said...

Congratulations, again, Angel!!! We are so very excited for you!!!

And, we'll have to do dinner some time soon!

Monique said...

CONGRATS!!! We were praying for an answer to the situation. I know you don't want to leave Ava for so long during the day. Glad everything worked out. :)