Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Slow Start

I am trying to type extremely quietly as Ava is asleep beside me - it is amazing how loud the keys on a computer can be compared to a sleeping house! Marc is also taking a little nap as he graciously took the early shift with Ava this morning so that I could sleep that extra hour in bed. And Earl is curled up in his kennel, of course.

After we all wake up and get moving, we are finishing our Christmas shopping. It's not a huge list as we did pick up some things in Fargo, especially for the little ones. My original plan was to get going much earlier this morning (around 8:30), but hopefully the stores shouldn't be too crazy on a Tuesday.

Yesterday Ava and I had a fun day. We played all morning and most of the afternoon with two naps. Around 1500 we got ready to head over to GM and GP's house and we got invited to stay for supper. Marc joined us there after he was done with his course and Ava was very happy to see her Papa! Ava had a great time playing with her grandparents! She learned how to fly with Grandpapa and walk with Grandmaman. After all of the physical activity, she sat and played with all of the cool toys in the living room. She ate her supper without complaint and then we headed home as there was a card game being held at 1900. We were debating putting Ava in her pajamas before we left so that once home all I would have to do is feed her and put her to bed, but she was so boisterous at 1845 that we decided to just change her at home. Well of course she fell asleep in the car on the short ride home! Oh well, now I know better for next time!!

Tomorrow we are heading out to the Children's Museum to catch the Eaton's Christmas displays with tante Michelle, Calla, tante Joelle, Jacques, and Grandmaman of course. I'm not sure if GP will be there - I'll let you know how the day went tomorrow night!

No comments: