Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mid-Night Wake-Up Call

Last night Ava managed to get herself uncovered and turned almost 90 degrees in her crib so she called out to us at 3:30. Ugh, I thought to myself as I trudged over to her room. I thought I might get lucky with just cuddling her and putting her back to bed but that was wishful thinking. I ended up feeding her which I thought might work out to my favour anyway so that she would sleep in later that morning. That again did not work out very well to my benefit as she only slept from 4:30 to 7:30 after I put her back to bed.

After hearing the second calling at 7:30, I again rolled out of bed and got Ava up and fed. We then headed downstairs to play a bit before eating breakfast. After breakfast we went to get dressed and lo and behold, Papa was awake! Luckily for me, he agreed to make breakfast for himself and I and I was starving by this point!

The rest of the day proved to be just as low-key as the previous three with Papa have been. We have spent a lot of time playing in BabyTown, introducing some new and yummy foods and just spending some quality time together. I think that Papa will really miss these times with Ava when he heads back to work from his vacation in early January!

As for bedtime, Ava went down easily and without any fuss. I hope that she stays covered and warm tonight!

No comments: