Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Visiting

This morning Ava was up at 5:45 again. Considering she went to bed later than usual last night I thought she would sleep in a bit. I was wrong. We got ready for the day and puttered around the house but by 9:00 she was starting to fade and get cranky. I thought, yes! Maybe we can both get a nap in, as I was barely able to keep my eyes open! We headed upstairs and she was out within minutes. I quickly followed and off to dreamland we went.

After our hour nap, Ava and I ate lunch and continued playing in the house, snacking and harrassing Earl. At 13:30, tante Joelle called to say that she was now home and that we could head over anytime for our long over-due second visit. I got Ava ready and within about twenty-five minutes we were out the door. Ava fell asleep on the way to Joelle's which was good for me as I got to hold Mikka for about half an hour before she woke up! It felt so nice to hold my little nephew - and it's true, you do completely forget how small a new baby is! Mikka was all curled up as I was holding him and he would grunt every once in a while which was so cute!

While Ava and I were there Grandmaman and Grandpapa called and said they were going to stop by for a visit, too. Soon after they got there Jacques and Kevin also returned home, so the house was pretty full! Jacques was pretty tired so he was "acting out" a bit, but was cute as always, anyway! After Ava showed off her new crawling moves to most of her family members, it was just past 1600 and it was time to get going back home. As we were leaving, Ava started "waving" bye bye to Grandmaman! I don't know if she was really waving, but it sured seemed to look like it!

After Papa got home, we ate a quick dinner and gave Ava a bath. She went down pretty easily tonight, unlike yesterday! She is finally back to what I would call feeling like herself as she is eating her normal quantities and the diapers are back to average, too! Yay!

No comments: