Friday, October 31, 2008

Swimming, News and a Visit from the Chip Monster

This morning Ava and I took it easy, playing on the mat, in the excersaucers and eating some breakfast. About 9:00, Ava was rubbing her eyes and I thought she might benefit from a nap - and so would I!

Ava slept about 45 minutes this morning, and at 10:00 the phone rang. It was tante Michelle calling with some good news - she and oncle Christian are expecting their second child around May 21st, 2009! That means I get to be an auntie and Ava gets to be a big cousin twice in one year! Michelle and Calla were visiting with Grandmaman and Grandpapa and Ava and I decided to come over for a little swim.

We got to the pool around 11 and Ava lasted about an hour again. She is really started to get comfortable in the pool and I like to bring her as often as possible so that she continues to like swimming, as Jacques and Calla do. After swimming, we had lunch and Ava played a bit with Grandmaman and Calla. By 1300, Ava needed a nap again as seems to be the norm after swimming. We headed home and Ava slept until 1500. I also snuck in a quick doze before she woke up hungry!

Ava went to bed at 1900, missing our visit from the Chip Monster! Jacques and Joelle stopped by for a quick visit so that Marc and I could see Jacques' costume. He was dressed up as 'Sully' from the movie Monsters Inc. He looked super cute!!! I asked him if I could take his picture, and he obliged, but refused to either eat or put down his chips! Nonetheless, I got some cute shots of our little Chip Monster.

1 comment:

Joƫlle said...

Great pictures, tante Angel! (Thanks for forwarding them to us, too!)

See you tomorrow!