Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kissin' Cousins

What a fun day we had today!
Jacques came over as promised yesterday for a morning of play while Joelle went into work for a half day. He was a little shy when he first arrived, having apparently just woken up before coming. Once he saw Ava, he quickly became more comfortable.

We went downstairs and Jacques started playing with some of the toys on Ava's playmat (what I lovingly call "BabyTown"). He seemed to be totally comfortable by this point, so Joelle gave him a kiss goodbye, and we were just three!

Jacques didn't want to eat breakfast this morning at home other than some raspberries, so we offered him some toast and co-cos (eggs). He happily munched away on his breakfast, asking for more eggs once his plate was empty! We distracted him by telling him there was some pumpkin bread on its way out of the oven in about 5 minutes, and he seemed satisfied with that. Of course, he had to check out our fridge, and asked for some fromage before going back downstairs.

I really think Jacques needs a little dog at his house, because he loves Earl! Whenever Earl was out of sight, Jacques immediately asked, "ou Earl?" He enjoyed playing chase with him up and down the hallway, as well as receiving "beau becs" (nice kisses). We also played with the foam letters and numbers on the playmat, and I brought out the boys' old cars for him to play with which I think he enjoyed.

Jacques also was very attentive to Ava (as usual)! He gave her hugs and kisses, as well as fetching her all kinds of toys. When she was upstairs in her crib for a nap, he asked twice where she was! It's so heart-warming to see Jacques be so kind and gentle (other than driving a car over her head this afternoon!) to his little cousin. I know that he will make an awesome big brother, because he already treats Ava with the same brotherly love and affection. I look forward to seeing him interact with his new little brother or sister.

Here are some pictures from this morning of Jacques with Ava:
Unfortunately, Ava was just about to start crying in this last one, but Jacques' smile is great!

1 comment:

Joƫlle said...

I am happy Jacques was a good boy for his tante Angel, oncle Marc, and his little cousin Ava. I, too, find it so heart-warming to see how good he can be with Ava, especially considering he is a two-and-a-half year old, after all. It'll be interesting to see how he'll be with his little sibling, when he has to actually compete for our attention...

Jacques recounted his whole stay with you on our way home yesterday afternoon. He certainly enjoyed his stay with you - not surprisingly!

I am sure he would be thrilled to know tante Angel is negotiating on his behalf for him to get a little dog - although I'm sure in his mind any size dog or cat would do. Some days, I think he'd even like a squirrel in his house as a pet! ;)

Thank-you, again, so very much Angel!