Today was the last "Rock 'n Read" session that Ava and I registered for at Archwood School. It's a free program offered for moms and dads of birth - age 5 children that allows the parents to sing and read with their children for the first half hour, and then the parents go to a different area and create a book for their child(ren) while caregivers stay with the little ones.
At first, I wasn't too sure about the program, especially unsure of how Ava would do being left "alone" in a new place. Well, I certainly had nothing to worry about - she fell asleep at almost every session!! I was never even paged back once, which really surprised me! The program coordinator even commented on how well Ava did over the past five weeks. I said that when I'm not there she does fine, but sometimes when I'm still around and not holding her it could be traumatic! :>
I managed to complete Ava's book titles "Ma Famille/My Family", filled with pictures of her Greiss and Savard family members. It took me just over an hour to "mack-tack" and bind it. While sticking away, I managed to have a little chit chat with my friend, Nicole, who also attended the program. All too soon, it was time to pack up and head home, eat some lunch and go for a swim with tante Joelle and Jacques.
Ava and I met with Joelle and Jacques at 13:00 at Grandmaman and Grandpapa's place even though they weren't there (having gone to Bowsman to pick up tante Jo-Ann). Joelle and Jacques were waiting for us in the lobby when we got there, so off we went to change and splash around.
We had a great time at the pool, and Jacques was very attentive to Ava, concerned when she started crying a bit. Even though Jacques loves Ava and enjoys spending time with her, he does not like his maman loving Ava too closely! Whenever Joelle holds Ava, even for a moment, Jacques crawls as close onto her lap as he can and demands a "calin" or a hug. When Joelle was blowing bubbles for Ava in the pool, Jacques asked her to stop making bubbles for Ava - make bubbles for Jacques instead! Even when Joelle and I were chatting, he asked us to stop talking! Too funny!!
After swimming, both little ones were displaying signs of needing some naps (and the moms probably could use one, too)! I got Ava all bundled up and she fell asleep in her seat on the way to the car! I couldn't believe it. Once we got home, I got her out of her seat as gently as possible and got her into her crib. She promptly fell back asleep and stayed that way for just over an hour and a half! I hope Joelle had as much luck with Jacquester.
Tomorrow is another busy day for us. Our friend Russ and his daughter are coming over for a "work" visit, and Jacques is hanging out with us for the morning as well. Should be fun to have a 6.5 month old, 15.5 month old and 31.5 month old all at the same time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The book is beautiful, Angel. You did a great job!
Jacques is indeed a funny monkey... He'll have a big adjustment to make in a few weeks! No more being the centre of attention of his little world! ;)
And no, he did not go down for a nap - so we were both pretty bagged by the time dinner came along!
Hopefully, he'll agree to a nap later this afternoon! Thanks again for agreeing to sit for us this morning!
Post a Comment