Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting the Year Started

So far 2009 is going along tickety-boo. We enjoyed a nice day at Marc's parent's place on New Year's Day which started with breakfast. Michelle and Christian treated the four of us (Marc and I, and Grandmaman and Grandpapa) to a baked apple breakfast cake and quick ham 'n' cheese breakfast muffins. There was also a variety of fruit and bacon, of course! It was very yummy and we were glad to have breakfast as our original breakfast plans with friends fell through.

After breakfast both little girls (Ava and Calla) went down for a nap with their respective Papas and the remaining four played two rounds of Canasta (a card game using four decks of cards, including the Jokers!) It was a nice treat to be able to play cards without worrying about Ava for a short time. The day progressed and tante Lisette arrived, tante Michelle, onlce Christian and Calla left, and tante Joelle, oncle Kevin and Jacques arrived. Two neighbours of Marc's parents also arrived in the early evening. It was a very nice time full of food, cards, friends and family.

Today was a bit of a crazy day as I was up early (5:45!) with Ava and when Marc came down just after nine, he was already making plans to visit with a high school friend who currently lives in Arviat, Nunavut. Ava and I joined Marc for breakfast with his friends Paul (who lives here) and Charles (aka Chuck) who has lived in Arviat for seventeen years! For those of you who do not know, Arviat is in the extreme north of Canada's Arctic. Chuck was telling us about a storm he went out in where the wind was blowing at approximately 120 miles per hour and the windchill was well below 60 degrees Celcius. It was very nice meeting Chuck and having breakfast all together. After breakfast, Marc went out with the guys and played cards at a fourth friend's house.

Ava and I headed back home to relax. She napped a little bit, we played a bit and then got treated to a Papa created supper once he got home. It was very yummy! I guess the early wake up and minimal nap times finally caught up with Ava as she was extremely tired by 18:30! I put her to bed just after 1900, and hopefully she will have a nice, long sleep tonight.

I am very excited about tomorrow because we are finally selling the bad luck for us turtle tank and stand! The same store we bought it from will purchase it back from us (cash!) with no strings attached. So great for us! Grandmaman and Grandpapa are coming over tomorrow morning to watch Ava for us while we run this much anticipated errand. The only hitch for me is that Marc will probably want to go buy a Wii with the money we get for the tank! How will I keep him from the stores?!

1 comment:

Marc at home said...

for the record, I did not buy a Wii.