This afternoon was our first "Mitey Signs" class. Ava and I went to Archwood to take part in the baby signing class being offered by a certified ASL interpreter. She has been teaching this class for a few years (I think she said 5) and she presented as being very knowledgeable and had a lot of personal stories which made the first class that much more interesting. We sang some songs and learned the signs for the key words and then we practiced the word "more" with some bubbles! All of the babies loved the bubbles!! Ava was quite amazed and sat very still just watching them float around.
When we got back home Ava slept for a bit as she fell asleep in her car seat and then we played together in the living room, listening to some tunes. Ava has just started today to get up on all fours and began rocking back and forth. I remember when Brigitte, James and Matthew were here back in June and I was quite impressed with Matthew's crawling capabilities. Brigitte said he began by rocking back and forth on all fours and then just took off from there. I am anticipating that Ava will likely do something similar, although I hope she is not quite into so many things like her cousin Matthew is!! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahh, baby sign. It really is awesome. Just be consistent and she will catch on fairly easy. More, hungry, help, please and thank you were the important ones that I taught and learned. It really does prevent a lot of their frustration as they are learning to talk and gets their verbal abilities starting much quicker. Wish we were there to sign with her. Uncle Frere learned too!
Post a Comment