Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day!

Father's Day started early for the father in our house with Ava being up at 7:00. Marc got up with her (as we had previously agreed that he sleep-in on Saturday and I get Sunday) and entertained her until about twenty to nine when he came back up and said he needed to go back to sleep. I rolled out of bed and fed Ava some breakfast and then we played with her brand new tea and picnic set, compliments of Grandmaman and Grandpapa.

We were set to go for brunch at Promenade Bistro (a local little restaurant that Marc and I love going to) at 11:00, and of course who should go down for a nap at 10:15? I knew she would never make it through brunch without a nap and not be miserable, so we let her sleep for 45 minutes and woke her up at 11 to make our way over to the restaurant.

Brunch was very yummy, and even though we had a long wait, it was shared in great company and all the little kids were amazing! Ava shared her goldfish crackers with Jacques and played with Calla, Mikka alternated between looking around and snoozing (and nursing a bit) and Chloe slept through the majority of the meal! After brunch, Kevin and Grandpapa were going golfing, but Marc opted to stay home with Ava and I as he had been working Friday night and Saturday all day.

Ava went for a nap around 1400 and slept until almost 1630. We ate a quick dinner of BBQ'ed chesseburgers and then decided to head for a Father's Day treat. We stopped in at BDI (The Bridge Drive-In), a Winnipeg landmark for yummy, creamy ice cream treats! It was our first visit there this summer, and I'm hoping not our last! Ava was very patient waiting for Papa to order our ice cream. I opted for a strawberry-banana shake as I knew that I might not be able to have two hands to eat a sundae or even an ice cream cone! Marc had a banana sundae. Ava had a lot of both of our treats! I wasn't sure if she would be able to sip out of a straw, but I was quickly proven wrong! Ava slurped up my shake as if she had been doing it forever! I was lucky to get in a few slurps myself before it was all gone. Now we know for next time to get either an extra large shake, or get her a baby cone of her own!

After our little excursion, we stopped in at Joelle and Kevin's to pick up some flowers they had for us from Kevin's mom, Nancy's, yard. Heading home, it was nice to reflect on the quiet day we had and how nice it was that Ava has such a great Papa.

Alix and Sammy called Marc and wanted to stop by with a gift, but he told them we would see them on Thursday at Alix's grade eight graduation. He had a nice little chat with them, and then we proceeded with Ava's bedtime routine.

All in all, it was a very pleasant day!

No comments: