Friday, October 30, 2009

18 Month Well-Baby

This morning Ava had her first appointment with her new health care provider, the centre de sante. This is a health center located in the St. Boniface Hospital, and has a combination of nurse practitioners and doctors working in it to give services to francophones within Manitoba and anglophones living within the catchment area.

After a bit of a sleep-in morning and a quick breakfast, we walked over for our appointment. After a Ava was weighed and measured (24 pounds and 31 inches), we wanted for the nurse to come get us. Ava enjoyed looking at all of the Halloween decorations in the waiting room, and then giving her Big Bird stuffie to a lady waiting for her 36 week prenatal appointment.

Soon we were called in and I had to answer a variety of questions to provide a health history for Ava's file. After about 45 minutes, it was time to give Ava the once-over and then her immunization shots. Ava did not appreciate the examination! She cried the whole time, and kept saying "all done!" It was very sad to be a mommy at that time because I had to keep telling her we weren't quite done. Regardless, after everything was said and done, she still left with a smile for her healthcare team, and enjoyed the walk back home with me.

I dropped her off at her sitter's house and she was in a great mood. I made my way to work, which was a bit of a slack day because there was a Halloween mood in the air and too much fun going on! I left work and went to get a baptism dress for Ava (she is getting baptized on Sunday) and then went to go pick her up.

Denise (her sitter) said that she was fine until she woke up crying from her nap and gave her a dose of Tylenol. After that she seemed fine. We said our goodbyes and headed to the store to pick up some Halloween candies for the kids tomorrow night. Ava was fabulous in the store! I was very proud of her!

Tomorrow, Halloween treats!

No comments: