Ava had a very busy and fun-filled weekend!
It all started Saturday morning when we went over to Jacques and Mikka's to decorate gingerbread houses. Chase was also coming as Colin and Malissa had a funeral to go to, so we had lots of munchkin fun! Of course, all of the kids decorated for about 10 minutes and then decided going down into the basement was a lot more fun! That's ok because Joelle and I got the opportunity to 'finish up' the kid's houses, much to our delight! :) Tante Joelle did an amazing job baking the gingerbread and forming the houses! Merci tante Joelle!!
After having lunch with the boys, Ava and I headed home for Ava to have a nap and try and just relax a bit. Marc was in between working his nights, so he was pretty much lights-out for the day. I think Ava is getting ready to start dropping her naps on occassion, as she is waking quite a lot in the night and sometimes her naps are shorter than other days. Well, as Joelle says, she is almost 3!
Sunday morning came too soon for maman as Ava had a fairly sleepless, crying-filled night. She decided 6:40 was high time to get up, so of course I had to drag myself out of bed, too! I walked around in much of a daze for most of the morning while Ava played and watch some of her DVDs. Due to her chatterbox nature though, a snooze was out of the question! :)
Once Marc woke up, we started to make our way to his work's Kid's Christmas party. It was a lot of fun, with two bounce houses for the kids to play in, an arts and crafts table, food galore, and Santa, of course. Santa gave her a cool present that she seems to really like already - her own cell phone! A toy of course, but hopefully she will not want to play with mommy's as much now! Ava had a lot of fun playing with her friends Katie, Taylor, Courtney and Jordyn! After a failed attempt of sitting with Santa, we packed up and headed to our next destination, Opa's house, with Ava yakking on her new phone.
We arrived at Opa's just before 1700h to pick up Ava's twin bed. The bed frame used to be mine and my dad made it. I had called dad last week to see if Ava could have it. I knew the quality of the bed was far superior to something we could buy in the store - unless we spent a lot of money, I'm sure! Marc and Opa quickly dismantled the bed while Ava and I puttered around and helped organize some of the bedding. All too soon, we had to head towards home as we still needed to eat supper and try and have some down time before bed.
After munching and watching "Bambi", we read some books and then got ready for bed. Ava's fast asleep, and I'm soon to follow! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The boys loved having their cousin over. I liked having a gingerbread house decorating partner! :) Thanks for coming over!
Post a Comment